Thursday, June 21, 2012

Settling in

This past week has been filled with a lot of normal stuff. Unpacking, laundry, work, physical therapy, studying for boards, grocery shopping, cooking, etc.  It's also been filled with some new things...like me moving in, taking my dog (Copper) to the groomers and moving him in, and finally bringing my cat (Sammy) over.  So far, they're all getting along and behaving pretty well (thank goodness!).  None would cooperate for a group photo though!  LOL.

Murphy (Cocker Spaniel)

Sammy (Fire Point Siamese)

Copper (Beagle Mix)



Sammy is/has been an outdoor cat, but when we move I like to keep him inside for a few days until he gets familiar with his surroundings.  I think he's really enjoying the inside right now - he's being so affectionate and cuddly!  Maybe he wants to be an indoor cat?!!

Copper is doing well, it seems like he thinks this is temporary though.  Every time I get up to go to another room, he's right by my side ready to go!  He's not doing it as often, so maybe he's settling in too.  He keeps trying to get Murphy to play with him, but that's not happening.  Yet. 

Murphy seems to like having the company, though there has been a minor tiff or two over territory.  Copper shares well and doesn't mind when Murphy claims his "big" bed.  They love to sneak each others food, so the food goes up & down and I watch them in the mornings.  At night, they gobble up their food so fast, no one bothers with each others dish at all!  All in all, they're both pretty laid back dogs and the cat thinks he's a dog too, so all is well. 

Must go get ready for physical therapy on my shoulder. 

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment