Wednesday, June 20, 2012



First - new blog...this one just for family to keep up with our lives and share in a different sort of way.  The miles between us all just seem too long some times.  And the visits too far apart.  So, here we go.  I started setting up the blog when Roger & I were in Canada, just before we got married (he likes the idea of a blog, after I explained what it was and it's purpose)...thus the URL address ends in a .ca instead of a .com - if I'd set it up in the US, it would have been a .com.  Kind of cool that it ends in .ca for Canada. (ETA: apparently, it will show up under both .ca and .com....hmmm.)

Oh, and you wanted to know the story behind the name of the blog?  LOL, okay...glad you asked.  Last year, before the holidays Roger and I were lamenting about what a "terrible life" we were having (he was being facetious) with all the wonderful meals we were cooking together, the new wines we were discovering, the memories we were making together...etc.  After a pause, he simply said "I love us".  That pretty much summed up a lot of what we had been talking about and it stuck.  So, for Christmas, I made the rustic little sign you see in the image above.  It was/has been his favorite gift so far.  We've since repainted the kitchen where it was hanging...there's been quite a bit of DIY projects going on over the last 8 months...and now it sits on an easel in our bedroom.  Back to blog name story..."iloveus" by itself was taken, but since that needed more personalization anyway, I added on Allard so you'd know it was us!  Smile.

So there's our start! Email me or comment here if you have questions or want me to post about something, etc.  I'm better at checking email that someone else is, if you know what I mean.  I hope this is able to be translated somehow...will check into that for those that are interested.  I may not be back every day, but will try to post often and share pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment